Yayasan CARE Peduli (YCP)
CARE, like many other INGOs, has been putting in practice its institutional commitment to diversification within the confederation and to the localization of aid and strengthening partnerships with national entities. In line with this, in July 2018 the Yayasan CARE Peduli (YCP) was established as the national CARE entity that will continue CARE’s presence and operations in Indonesia. CARE believes that this important step in the evolution of CARE’s presence in Indonesia will further enhance its more strategic role in both the development and the humanitarian fields. As a national entity not only will YCP continue CARE’s activities, programs and presence, but that as a result YCP could also contribute more significantly in addressing and representing national development priorities both in Indonesia and globally as well. As part of this organizational evolution, YCP is seeking for committed, resourceful individuals who are passionate about poverty reduction, gender equality and social justice to spearhead YCP’s operations and advocacy on those priority issues. Job Objective/Summary
The Programme Manager manages and leads team of programs related to women and youth empowerment, women economic empowerment, promotion of access for disadvantaged and marginalized communities. The Programme Manager is responsible for the quality and effectiveness of CARE’s projects on those areas and is responsible and accountable for coordinating and managing all projects and operational activities under the portfolio. This position will be based in Jakarta and will be under direct supervision of and reporting to the Director of Programs and Advocacy. This position is the key focal point for the project/field teams for technical guidance, support, problem resolution and institutional representation. Duties and Responsibilities 1. Programme Management
2. Technical leadership
- Support the Director of Programs and Advocacy on management and oversight of the programme portfolio, specifically in the preparation of project work plans and budgets, implementation, monitoring and reporting of projects.
- Examine and ensure quality of deliverables (outputs) of the projects as produced by the project team, or consultants and/or partners.
- Negotiate, manage and oversee contractual relationships and agreements with partners, consultants/contractors who may be hired by YCP to support the implementation of the project.
- Work closely and facilitate project teams in ensuring sustainability of the projects.
- Explore potential expansion and replication of the programme, either through collaborating with other projects or partnering with third party.
- Participate and support the Director of Programs and Advocacy in the proposal development process.
- Work closely with other members of the Program team (other Programme Manager, MEAL & KM Specialist, Gender & Social Inclusion Specialist, Humanitarian Coordinator) to ensure that all activities adhere to the objectives and requirements of the YCP Programme Strategy.
- Prepare progress reports and contributes to the Annual Report under the direction of the Director of Programs and Advocacy.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director of Programs and Advocacy and/or the Senior Management.
3. Stakeholder engagement and representation
- Serve as focal point, internally and externally, for the substantive/technical topics under their portfolio (i.e. humanitarian, economic empowerment, climate change, etc).
- Provide advice and ensures synergy and/or integration of key aspects of their technical portfolio as appropriate across the programme portfolio.
- Provide technical assistance and support to project teams and the organization on understanding, mainstreaming or addressing issues related to the topics. This could include in-house training/socialization.
- Maintain, update and disseminate a resource-base of the relevant policies, guidelines, tool kits related to the topics which can be used throughout the organization as necessary.
- Represent the organization in relevant forums/platforms/events within the country and the CARE Confederation and participate actively in relevant professional (formal and informal) communities.
4. Personnel Management
- Establish and maintain regular and transparent communications and effective working relations with relevant counterparts of GOI, CI Members, donors, locally based INGOs, networks, coalitions and stakeholders relevant to economic development program.
- Uphold CARE’s good image at all levels, internal and external.
- Articulate to all stakeholders CARE’s mission statement, apolitical nature and core values.
- Ensure compliance to all local and national government protocols properly observed.
- Maintain a high standard of transparency and accountability in all transactions carried out with partners.
- Maintain updated job descriptions for all relevant Project staff, which clearly explain the roles and responsibilities of each staff member.
- Work with the Human Resources Unit to recruit staff for all project positions as relevant and in compliance to YCP’s procedures.
- Monitor staff performance and provide constructive feedback for improvements whenever necessary and undertakes performance reviews for the Programs and Advocacy Director’s consideration.
- Identify the key skills required by the project staff to effectively fulfil their designated roles and where necessary suggest or plan staff training to fulfil such needs as well as provide on the job training and coaching/mentoring.
- Actively assist staff, in particular women, assume greater responsibility within project activities and ‘foster’ their long-term professional development
Qualifications 1.Education, Experience and technical requirements
- Willing to join with the Emergency Response Team (ERT) in accordance with experience and competence and is ready to be assigned to the disaster site if needed. In collaboration with ERT and Procurement Team, to support for emergency response logistics/ recruitment as well.
2.Personal attributes & competencies
- Advanced degree preferable, in social sciences, business administration, management or related field or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities;
- A minimum of 8 years or more of project management experience in the development sector, preferably with donor agency or international agencies/NGOs. Any humanitarian program experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in initiatives on gender equality, economic empowerment, humanitarian response and climate change. Any experience in humanitarian response programme is an advantage.
- Have the ability to interact constructively with project personnel, government officials, beneficiaries, other pertinent stakeholders.
- Ability to work under high pressure to meet short deadlines or rapidly changing situation.
- Well versed in Indonesian government laws and regulations and familiarity with relevant institutions related to development assistance and general operations matters.
- Proven experience of team supervision or personnel management.
- Demonstrate excellent command of English and Indonesian, both written and spoken are essential.
- Willingness to undertake significant travelling. There may be instances when urgent travel for rapid response will be required.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints, including capability to be flexible to respond to changing requirements.
- Commitment to values that CARE upholds, i.e. Integrity, Diversity, Equality, Excellence and Transformation.
- Commitment to Safeguarding Policy: Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse and Child Abuse.
YCP is an equal opportunity employer, women candidates are encouraged to apply. We offer collegial working environment and competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and contact information (e.g. telephone and email address) of three referees from previous employer. Apply
Please submit your applications to email@example.com at the latest by September 13, 2021