About Stunting Project
Indonesia ranks 4th as one of the countries with highest prevalence of stunting. To further accelerate stunting reduction, the Government has issued Perpres 72/2021 & RAN PASTI with a target to reduce stunting to 14% by 2024.
In response to the campaign, YCP is in partnership for the anticipated project with social impact program with Indonesian multinational company, namely PT AMMAN Mineral Nusa Tenggara for supporting prevention and acceleration in stunting reduction efforts focused in Sumbawa Barat district, NTB in 3 sub-districts: Jereweh, Maluk and Sekongkang.
The project is intended to contribute to the goal of prevention and acceleration to reduce stunting in Sumbawa Barat, through interventions that address 3 inter-related areas: (i) access to nutrition; (ii) access to clean water; and (iii) women’s voice and leadership including economically.
Education, experience and technical competencies
- Bachelor Degree and/or Master Degree in Social Community, Economy, Agriculture, fishery, or other relevant fields of study;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience project management and implementation within an INGO or related environment
- Ability and willingness to undertake regular travel to the crisis affected area;
- Demonstrate excellent command of English and Indonesian, both written and spoken are essential.
Personal attributes & competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated the ability to effectively interact and work across unit, project and an effective team player;
- Ability to develop and foster external organizational relationships;
- Readiness to work with people of all backgrounds without bias. Ability to work sensitively with people from various cultural and social backgrounds;
- Have effective planning, organizational and time management skills. Results-focused with ability to manage own workload proactively, with own initiative;
- Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints, including capability to be flexible to respond to changing requirements;
- Committed to fostering respectful, collaborative, learning and empowering work culture.
- Commitment to values that YCP upholds, i.e. Integrity, Diversity, Equality, Excellence and Transformation;
- Commitment to gender equality and social justice;
- Commitment to Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy
The Livelihood Specialist shall be responsible to ensure appropriate quality, capacity building, future planning and oversight over the livelihood element in the project. This program is managed to increase access of women who are most vulnerable (prioritizing women-led households) with a sustainable diversified livelihood and generate income for enabling family’s welfare to fulfill health and nutritional needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Management including Project Planning of the Livelihood- Related Activities (20 %)
- Support Project Manager and other YCP project team to coordinate with local government, partners and other related stakeholders pertaining to Livelihood projects;
- Responsible for work plan and implementation plans;
- Develop reports on program activities including weekly updates, monthly reports, success stories, and other required reports by YCP and donor;
- Review the Project files held by the Headquarters and ensure that copies of the above documents are readily available.
- S/he should also establish, as required, Project working files.
- Establish and implement Project monitoring and evaluation systems in order to provide regular information on progress towards objectives and assess the impact of the Project;
- In coordination and collaboration with MEAL person, review existing project outputs and indicators so as to ensure that they are appropriate and realistic, and if required suggest changes to line management;
- Other assignments as required by Direct Supervisor and Management.
Technical Lead of the Project Implementation of the Livelihood – Related Activities (80 %):
- Support Project Manager and other YCP team to provide technical assistance to relevant partners in implementing livelihood projects in Sumbawa Barat;
- Provide research and analysis on each target location and collect information on community and sector issues;
- Develop training and Livelihood implementation tools for use at the partner or community level;
- Develop financial literacy training and Livelihood implementation tools for use at the partner or community level for livelihood interventions;
- Development and implementation of livelihoods assessment tools and approaches
- Ensure Village Economic and Social Association and Village Savings and Loan Association including but not limited to revolving fund/capital for income generating activities approaches, methodologies, and strategies are incorporated into the program
- Provide a livelihood recovery plan with potential options and market analysis identifying the skills and knowledge gaps that can be improved with training within production skills, marketing and propose an appropriate plan for business planning/entrepreneurship development training;
- Provide technical support and mentoring to project and partner staff as required;
- Provide a livelihood recovery plan with potential options and market analysis identifying the skills and knowledge gaps that can be improved with training within the specific value chains and propose an appropriate plan for entrepreneurship development training;
How to Apply
YCP is an equal opportunity employer, women candidates are encouraged to apply. We offer collegial working environment and competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of at least 3 (three) referees/direct supervisor.
Please submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest April 10, 2023
*All applications will be treated confidentially. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview.
Thank you for your interest in CARE! We are committed to each other and to the protection of the people we serve. We do not tolerate sexual misconduct and embed child protection in all we do. Protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse and child protection are fundamental to our relationships, including employment, and our recruitment practices are designed to ensure we only recruit people who are suitable to work with other staff and the people we serve. As well as pre-employment checks, we will use the recruitment and reference process to ensure potential new staff understand and are aligned with these expectations.