1. Education, experience and technical competencies
- A Degree in Business Development, Business Administration, Communication or related field (advanced degree preferred).
- Approximately 15 or more years of relevant working experience in business development and/or grant acquisition.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current global social issues that resonates with funding and investment inclination, such as environment, gender, social entrepreneurship.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in crafting and delivering innovative revenue generation schemes, particularly related to market-based approaches and impact investments.
- Have experience in engaging private sector businesses, donor organizations, government and civil society organizations.
- Familiarity with business environment with proven knowledge of commercial co-venture laws, sponsorship regulations, unrelated business income tax issues, and other applicable legal and accounting rules.
- Experience in the development of proposals, budgeting and business plans will be an advantage.
- Excellence and fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, verbal and in writing, is a must.
- Good Information and Technology skills, e.g. word processing, power point and other communications and publishing applications.
2. Personal attributes & competencies
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation, negotiation and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated high degree of courtesy, tact and discretion, possess high integrity and exercise good judgement.
- Organized, detail-oriented, team player, self-starter and results- oriented individual.
- Proactive, and have creativity and capability to be flexible to respond to changing requirements
- Proven ability to manage teams and work in a demanding environment.
- Values the continuous improvement and learning, and committed to mentoring and coaching.
3. Examples of successful experience in the areas to be managed.
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with all units in the organization, the Sr. Manager for Funding & Business Development will provide leadership in creating and enhancing relationships with (potential) partners and donors by leveraging strategic aspects of YCP’s profile and work. The aim is to increase the resource base from a diversified funding streams for the organization
A. Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the organization’s Resource Mobilization Strategy that reflects diversity of funding streams and agility to suit the organization’s priorities and changing funding landscape.
- Develop the organization’s Business Development Plan in areas that align with the organization’s interests.
- Coordinate and lead market study, donor mapping and Country Office capture plan to ensure strong fundraising pipeline. In collaboration with the SMT, he/she will ensure robust analysis of the funding pipeline and proactively support actions to strengthen it.
- Ensure business development documentation and materials are up to date and ready for sharing with potential donors and investors.
- Effectively communicate the organization’s strategies, cultivating and managing donor/partner relationships, and providing opportunities for cooperation, networking, alliance building, learning and knowledge management across the organization’s work. He/she will closely work with the Programme and Communications team to promote and market the organization’s work to targeted audience and the public.
- Analyze and prepare creative and innovative funding streams in keeping with general trends in the country and internationally
- Develop and maintain knowledge management system for tracking opportunities from capture to award including maintaining a repository of proposal and pitching tools.
- Prepare regular updates for the CEO and Board on progress against the overall resource mobilization strategy and plans.
How to Apply
YCP is an equal opportunity employer, women candidates are encouraged to apply. We offer collegial working environment and competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and contact information (e.g. telephone and email address) of three referees from previous employer.
Please submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest June 10, 2022
*All applications will be treated confidentially. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview.